Join me and my #TeamSmithy team of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators
Great joining offer all year round
Hello – I’m so glad that you are thinking about joining Stampin’ Up! to become a part of #TeamSmithy – I would love to have you on board to join me and my team! If you are from Germany, France or the Netherlands you can join my team too!
Let me explain how it works and what benefits you can expect that you maybe are not aware of.
How do I join Stampin’ Up!?
For £99 you can fully personalise your own Starter Kit up to the value of £130! That’s £31 of free product on top – for free! (during July and August only- then free product value reduces to £31)
- Stampin’ Up! will waive your £4.95 shipping fee for your starter kit delivery.
- 20% instant discount on products as long as you remain an active demonstrator.
- Free Business Pack (don’t worry if you are only joining for the discount! lots of others do too!).
- Early bird pre-order of new catalogues and products and promotions (such as Annual Catalogue, Spring/Summer Occasions Catalogue, Sale-a-bration Products, the Autumn/Winter Occasions Catalogue and the Clearance Rack) meaning you can have these products before customers can!
- Support with your demonstrator role from myself as well as support from Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Support Team UK and a whole website full of information and creative inspiration via our Stampin’ University Library.
- Weekly Updates to keep you organised in terms of when new products launch, ideas to keep you crafting and keep you busy with your new products!
- Exclusive access to #TeamSmithy Demonstrator Team Facebook Group.
- Exclusive access to my Upline’s #TeamScrimpy Demo Team Facebook Group.
- Exclusive access to a whole array of Stampin’ Up! Social Media Groups and Pages.
- Exclusive opportunity to make new friends and inspire each other.
- Exclusive access to #OnStage Events in both the UK and Europe.
- Incentive programmes such as #FlexPoints rewards and the chance to earn #incentivetrips around the world!
- Welcome gift from me to you to welcome you to my team.
- Target / Performance rewards from myself, as your Upline (not all team leaders do this but I feel it is important to reward you for your hard work!)
If you think this sounds good (it is actually great) then click on the image below, but before you do, you will need to set up an online account as a customer first! Thanks:
Can I start a Business?
If you want to take your crafting further and make a business out of it you will still receive all of the above benefits but will also have the chance to:
- Increase your instant commission and progress your title within Stampin’ Up!
- Earn volume rebates
- If you grow a team of your own, there’s team commissions too!
- Free spend in the catalogue based on Sale-a-bration earnings
- Extra flex points for recruiting!
- Everything you need to run your business successfully is available from Stampin’ Up! – Ideas, incentives, client management programmes, online leads – the list goes on!
I would love to do Social Media but don’t know how?
That’s okay, I’ll guide you through the basics to get you started whether this is a blog, youtube channel or simply a facebook page or group.
I do not want to run a Business does that matter?
No – it doesn’t matter – you can still be a part of my team simply for the discount and benefits as mentioned above – All of my team receive the same support and encouragement from myself whether hobbyist or business. And, if you change your mind further down the road and want to try running a business I can support you then too.
Do I need to live near you?
No – you can live anywhere in the UK, France, Germany, Austria or the Netherlands – you’ll still be very welcome wherever you live! You will still receive the same support – everyone is equal in my team.
What support will I receive?
As a team leader I strive on equal opportunity and support for all of my team members. In #teamsmithy you will hear from me on a weekly basis unless I am on holiday, whether this is via online support, email, text, phone, face to face of via our #teamsmithy demonstrator Facebook Group Page. I’ll support you extra in the early days till you feel comfortable enough in your new role.
What are minimum sales values?
All demonstrators world wide have a minimum CSV order value to meet each quarter (our financial year runs in quarters Jan Feb Mar / Apr May Jun / Jul Aug Sep / Oct Nov Dec).
As a new demonstrator joining part way through a quarter you will receive the remainder of that quarter as a grace period (meaning no minimum sales values apply) plus the next quarter to meet your minimum sales values. The minimum sales value for all demonstrators across the globe is 300 CSV (cumulative sales value). In the UK this converts to around £274 but after your discount is applied, it amounts to around £230 minimum sales per quarter. It does sound a lot but if you break it down into weekly spend this equates to £17.70 per week – I know I could easily have spent this and more on crafts out of the cheap shops and alike in one week. Lets just say my spending is far more controlled and specific now which suits me better.
What if i can’t meet my minimums?
I would recommend, in the first instance, that you contact me and we can discuss together and look at ways of getting those sales in.
If you can’t meet your minimums within a quarter you will go into “pending/inactive” status for a further month after that quarter ends. This is to give you that little bit extra time to meet your minimums – it would be such a shame to lose someone as a demonstrator for example, if they were £20 short on their figures – the pending month could allow you that extra few weeks to find more sales either from a customer or from your own order If you still fail to meet your minimums at the end of the pending month your status will change from pending to dropped.
But don’t worry, you can join again at a later date.
Can I change my mind?
Yes you can – when you sign up you will be required to read and acknowledge via tick box the online independent demonstrator agreement (IDA) that sets out all of the requirements and contract information including details of the cooling off period. Please ensure that you read these terms and conditions.
Well yes, a little hint for you, when you have decided to join and are setting up your demonstrator account you will be asked to name your account, using your name is absolutely fine, however, if you are wanting a business out of this, this is a good point to pick your business name and incorporate this when setting up your demo account.
Before clicking on the JOIN THE FUN option you will be required to set up as a customer first, you can do this by visiting my Stampin’ Up! Shop Page and Creating an Account. Make sure that you see my details in the top right hand corner TRICIA SMITH.
What are you waiting for? I can’t wait to help you through your crafting journey!
Still not sure? Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries or questions that you may have.
I look forward to working with you, and beside you in your Stampin’ Up! Journey.
Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Requirements are detailed in our Demonstrator Policy Handbook available on request