Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to #MakeitMonday. In this episode, episode 6, I am making a super cute yankee candle holder in the form of a carton style box made from a piece of 7 1/2″ x 7 1/2″ DSP.
I have used the Petal Promonade DSP as it is such a gorgeous paper with lots of beautiful printed images in the pack. I stamped the sentiment Thank you for caring from the label me pretty stamp set.
Isn’t this just a beautiful elegant DSP?
- Start with a piece of paper measuring 7 ½“ x 7 ½ “ (Metric 19cm x 19cm)
- Score at 1 ¾”, 3 ½”, 5 ¼” and 7” (Metric = 4 ½ cm, 9cm, 13 ½ cm, 18cm)
- Turn and score at 1 ¾” and 6 ½” (Metric 4 ½ cm and16 ½ cm)
- Burnish the four first score lines, turn over and burnish the score line closest to the edge over the opposite way because that is the top of the box
- Cut out the longest skinny rectangle completely then cut up the remaining score lines x3
- Fold over and stick the top part over, reinforce score lines if required.
- Run adhesive down the smallest side tab (same section than you cut rectangle from).
- Fold and adhere the bottom of the box.
- Insert Yankee or other candle and push top together like a milk carton.
- Punch a hole and feed through a piece of ribbon or use a clip to secure.
Check out my youtube video below. As always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like to know more!
Here is another varient of this gift box:
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today I really do appreciate each and every one of you for supporting me 🙂
If you have time, why not have a look at our current Stampin’ Up! promotions taking place at present, simply click on relevant images below.
Love T x
Why not join me in this wonderful crafty world that is Stampin’ Up! If I can do it, so can you!