Mini Handmade Suitcase Box
My blog today is part of the Stampin’ Dreams December Hop that I’m taking part in today. Our theme for the month is Christmas.
I had fun making this box project today as not only was it perfect for this blog hop, but perfect for festive packaging that is needed this month too. We are talking table favours, gift giving and more!
This is a 4″ x 2″ x 1″ hinged effect box. Perfect for gift giving this festive holiday season.
Project Measurements and Instructions
You will need a sheet of A4 cardstock or DSP, co-ordinating inks or embossing powder, ribbon, tear n tape and glue as well as basic crafting supplies.
Cutting and Scoring
- Cut your cardstock or DSP down to 6″ x 7 “. Long side to top score at 1″, 3″, 4″ and 6”. Turn so that short side to top and score at 1″ and 5″
- With long side to top, cut up each of the four score lines up to the first opposite score. Repeat on other long side making sure you wedge the smallest tabs as these are your glue tabs
- Cut two pieces of card or DSP down to 7″ x 1/2″. Long side to top and score at 7/8″, 3″, 4″, 6″
- Cut one piece of card or DSP down to 3″ x 1/2″. Long side to top score at 1/4″ in at each side
- Cut one piece of card to 3/4″ x 1-1/2″ and trim to top corners to make a tiny tag shape
- Fold and burnish all your score lines on all four pieces.
Construct your box
- Build your box as per diagram below. I recommend using tear n tape if using speciality papers.
- Wrap your two small thin pieces around your box to create two belly bands – make sure they are removable so you can add contents later.
- Stand your box up as you would a suitcase
- Attach your smallest piece to top as this is the handle. You need to manipulate the middle part to form a curve.
Tag and Ribbon
- Either stamp or emboss your chosen sentiment on to your little mini tag and attach to suitcase box handle with twine and or co-ordinating ribbon.
Please visit the other blog hops in this months challenge:
If you are spending £99 or more why not purchase the starter kit and join my team, and get an additional £31 spend to choose items in your starter kit 🙂 Contact me if you’d like more information or visit my team website www.SmithysStampers.co.uk
Starter Kit – what do you get?
Jumpstart your crafty journey or business with 175 € | £130 worth of products for just 129 € | £99 and we’ll throw in some FREE essential tools to help you share Stampin’ Up!’s amazing products and crafting community. We will also ship the kit to you for FREE!
WHAT YOU GET:
Select 175 € | £130 worth of Stampin’ Up! products to customise your Starter Kit!
Take orders from your customers at your events using our forms or have your customers shop on our website and order directly from you.
• Customer Order Forms (pack of 50)
Are you a YouTube fan?
I’d love for you to pop over to my YouTube Channel and give me a little subscribe, a thumbs up, a comment and don’t forget to hit that bell to be notified of future video tutorials. Simply click the image below to be redirected to my channel.
Looking for a Catalogue?
Looking for a hard copy of our Annual or Mini Catalogue – why not Contact me for a free copy. Alternatively, click on either of the catalogues below to view digitally.
This mini catalogue retires on 4th January – retiring products from this book are now up to 60% off while supplies last or till 4th January, whichever comes soonest!
If you’re spending £99+ why not join my team
Start enjoying some discount on your favourite products by becoming a demonstrator today. Team Smithy and the #SmithysStampers would love to welcome you to join us. I know YOU will be GREAT.
We all started somewhere, let us be your somewhere. Let us share your journey.
What a great way to start your Stampin’ Up! business.
The Starter Kit is already a fantastic way for new Stampin’ Up! demonstrators to get loads of products at a huge value (for £99, choose £130 worth of products).
All decided to join? What to do next is click the image below and you will be redirected. Alternatively if you’d like an informal chat please reach out to me. Let’s see where your creativity will take YOU!
Check out the most frequently asked questions page by clicking “Join My Team” on the menu at the top of the screen.
Join My Facebook Group
Why not join us by clicking the image below. We have monthly challenges, lots of inspiration, project ideas and sharing and more. The best part is the friendships.
I hope that you enjoyed this blog post and can take something away from today to try at home.